Agency for Food Safety has strong co-operative and ethical values that influence the company and the way we run our businesses:
Our Core Values
- We strive to retain our customers and partners for life - We are here for the long-term
- We work with integrity, are easy to deal with, and always do the right thing for our clients and partners.
- We have the very best team of industry experts, developers, account managers and consultants to enable us to design and deliver best-in-class Industry Solutions, and support our partners.
- We design our solutions to be deployed very rapidly to ensure quick-wins and lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- We work closely with our clients and partners to extend the Retail POS solution to meet your needs, and include this functionality as standard in future product releases
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company, Mr Louis Visagie, is well known in the meat industry and has many years’ experience in the meat industry and also as a manager of a large organisation. The Executive Director of the company, Dr Hein Nel, is a registered Veterinarian who is well known in the South African Veterinary Public Health Industry as well as in the Wild Game Meat Export Industry. The rest of the management team is made up of a Technical Director, three Operational Directors, an Administrative Director, three Regional Managers and two Assistant Regional Manager. The management team has over 200 years combined experience in the food industry.
Food Safety Agency (Pty) Ltd is an independent privately-owned business, has been designated under the following legislation:
- Assignee for Independent Meat Inspection in terms of the Meat Safety Act, 2000 (Act 40 of 2000), its regulations and the IMI Scheme;
- Service Provider for Meat Classification in terms of the Agricultural Product Standards Act, 1990 (Act No 119 of 1990) by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries;
- Assignee for Regulated Animal Products (Poultry Meat and Eggs) in terms of the Agricultural Product Standards Act, 1990 (Act No 119 of 1990) by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
To be the most recognized independent company, officially approved and legally compliant, rendering services to the Food Industry thereby enabling the production of safe food that is of sound quality according to national and international standards.
To realize the core principles of our mission statement by employing the motivated, dedicated and highly experienced personnel needed to establish, execute, continually evaluate and improve our operational requirements for delivering services.