The future of food products is all about safety and quality!
The inspection/examination of the carcass to ensure the safety of the carcass
The classification and marking of meat as an indicator of quality
Food Safety Management System Audits, International Standard Audits (ISO), HACCP Audits and Compliance Audits (ZA Export/ Import Approval / Renewal)
Import and Export
Import/ Export Control, Movement Control
AgriSETA Accredited (AGRl/c prov/0658/16) (Government, Industry & Retail). Food Safety Agency provides the following training:
- Line Function
- Animal Welfare
- Quality and Hygiene
- Middle and Senior Management
- Abattoir Process and Production
- Professional Internship (on-site)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Meat Inspection (Environmental Health Practitioners/ Meat Examiners)
- Animal Health (Animal Health Technicians)
- Veterinary Public Health (Veterinarians)
Additional Professional Services
The following is available through Food Safety Agency either directly or by association:
- Food legislation advisory services
- Export approval process consultation, assessment, pre-audit or designated approval audit. *
- Designated legal compliance audits*: Act 40 / 2000, R962, VPN04 - ostrich farms; VPN05 - wild game farms; VPN08&09 - wild game harvesting; VPN20 - dairy products; VPN 42 - pork imports ('PRRS') or applicable EC regulations, decisions and directives (EU exports), etc.
- Reference service for abattoir condemnations and other technical matters.
- Assistance with retail related matters, e.g. queries, audits, claims, etc.
- External examination for tertiary institutions or other professional bodies.
- BLNS Standard Operating Procedure
- First Line Auditing*
*Subject to DAFF Official Approval
In the company structure of Food Safety Agency our personnel competency is enhanced by the following standards training:
- ISO 19011 Lead Auditor (FSMS)
- ISO 22000 Auditor
- BRC 3rd Party Auditor
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor
- PRP (SANS 10049) and HACCP (SANS 10330 / BRC HACCP intermediary)
- ISO 17020 awareness
Auditors of Food Safety Agency hold valid registration numbers with internationally recognized auditing certification authorities under the Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) schemes for the following food stuff sectors:
- Raw red meat
- Raw poultry
- Raw prepared products, e.g. retail butchery, curing, processing, vacuum packing, etc.
- Dairy and dairy based processed products, e.g. ice cream, powdered milk, butter, etc.
- Cooked meat and fish products
- Raw cured and / or fermented meat and fish
- Animal farming (animal health)
- Transport, storage, distribution and wholesale
- Pet food (other than canned)
Additional sector experience available:
- Oils and fats, e.g. mayonnaise (oil-based food products)
- Dairy farming, e.g. milking parlours
- Poultry (shell egg / avian health)
- Feed production (including carcass rendering - sterilization plants, feed mills)
- Specialized ingredients, e.g. enzymes, active food ingredients
- Animal by-products, e.g. tanneries, feathers, egg shells, intermediate hide and skins stores, taxidermy